Thursday 25 November 2010

So I've been busy this week trying to get my visa application for a work permit for the UK together. Quite an undertaking for us ever perceived suspicious Africans.

One of my struggles was trying to prove my English speaking ability. If only you could just speak to someone. I guess you can if you pay loads of money !!!

Anyway, this whole process has made me think about access.

For me to gain access to reside and work in the UK demanded a number of boxes I had to tick.
1) I had to have a sponsor
2) Prove that I can speak English
3) Prove sustainability (maintenance)
and lastly ...pay lots of money.

Although this is called a points based system, you have to get full marks for each category, otherwise you don't get the visa!!(go figure)

So it's tick the boxes or go home.

Understandably, the United Kingdom is doing it's utmost to protect it's shores from suspicious, unsavory charachters and must do what's best and right for it's people and the kingdom.

I suppose in some way the Kingdom of God is like this.

God cannot allow unjust/unholy/imperfect sinners into His kingdom.
He is holy, so His people must be holy and righteous.

There are some boxes to tick here. Unfortunately none of us can tick the boxes.
The bible says that we have all fallen short of the glory of God. No one except for one who is righteous can obtain a visa for the GK. (God's kingdom).

Well we all know the good news is ... that There is ONE man who is righteouss. Jesus - that's right. So how does this help us !!

To cut a long story short, by dying on the cross for our sins, taking the punishment and paying the price for our offence against God. Jesus becomes the advocate and through His innocence, he stands and pleads on our behalf. God listens to to Him and He gives us free access into His wonderful Kingdom of eternal life.

Through Christ only, may we enter the throne of grace, the kingdom of righteousness.
Jesus has become for us righteousness. He has ticked all the boxes. We would not be able to. We enter through Him and only Him. There is nothing we need do but ask Him, trust Him, believe in Him, confess Him and we go straight in.

So as with my visa application.
Jesus
1)Is my sponsor, He stands before me, His blood covers me and is my guarantee.
2)His blood speaks for me ... proves my acceptability - the language of the redeemed.
3)He proves that He can sustain me. He has paid the price, once for all time. He covers the cost!

Jesus is the stamp in my passport. No other stamp will do. He paid the price.

Thank You Jesus

1 Comments:

At 10 December 2010 at 23:36 , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! very encouraging and makes me feel say a thank you to Jesus for all that he has done for us. Granting a permanent residency which needs no renewal formalities. Great. Missing your songs and presence here. God bless you and use you for his glory. Shalin, Gateway church, Dubai.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home