Thursday 26 August 2010

Blog start

Ok ...here goes.

This is my official attempt at becoming a blogger.

I guess one of the questions is... who needs another blogger and particularly on worship matters. There are so many great contributors already but I suppose everyone has specific angle to bring to the party.
Speaking of parties, had a great one at "Together at Westpoint" in Exeter last week-end with the Guy Miller guys down in the South of England. 

Shared the leading with Matt Giles, what a great guy, great worship leader/song-writer. Matt and the band were a treat to work with. Happy to serve, great players and nice people. I did end up throwing them in the deep water at times but they can certainly swim. I've come to realise that I don't do things quite like most around these parts. Some of the pressures I face arriving here in the UK is that people just don't sing/play enough of my songs or at least the styles!
One of the band members, name not mentioned, commented on the fact that they were wondering how my songs would work, having had a listen to some tracks. But once having experienced them, realised they could be done!
This brings to mind a whole lot of questions about songs, culture, media, style the "Western Christian genre" etc... which I will eventually get round to making some observations on later down the line ....

I got to jam some of my new songs at the conference. Again - "Everybody in the church is dancing" was loads of fun to do, ended up dong it 3 times! and was pretty pleased with "Christ in us" although may tweak a lyric or 2.

Should be coming onto my website for download/donate - a new experiment of mine, to see how sustainable it can be as an artist.
www.evanrogers.org

This week-end at King's church Norwich, the preaching's following the theme on the Ressurection which has inspired me to write on the topic so am hoping to try a new one called "Eye to eye". Hope it works!
Hey didn't feel too bad blogging... let's see if I can keep it up. I'm thinking short blogs once a week at this stage .... Off for a Kings cafe lunch now ....

5 Comments:

At 27 August 2010 at 02:55 , Blogger Unknown said...

Great to see you blogging. I really enjoyed Together at Westpoint. My four year old picked out "everybody in the church is dancing" as the highlight of his holiday, and my two year old is still singing it too.

I put a bit of video of the final morning up on my blog

 
At 27 August 2010 at 04:24 , Blogger Lou said...

My daughter love Everybody in the church is dancing and came home to try and pick out on her piano how to play the funky bit (she's 8!). We loved TAWP too!
Your music isn't so strange to us, I had this is where the party is at my wedding 9 years ago!

 
At 27 August 2010 at 05:40 , Blogger Matt Giles said...

Great work Evan! Thanks for the nice comments buddy. Was great working with you too.
Enjoy blogging! I'm still trying to get used to it - not as regular as I probably should be but I'm trying to base mine more around the songs I write as I'm writing them.

 
At 30 August 2010 at 03:39 , Blogger Unknown said...

great to see you blogging, I like a good read - maybe I'm just naturally nosey hehe!
I enjoyed 'eye to eye' by the way. Love having you at King's, you have brought a new dimnsion to the worship!

 
At 27 January 2011 at 18:48 , Blogger Dorothy said...

What is tracy's blog called again?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home